My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Thursday, December 11, 2008

September 25, 2005
Congratulations to Finkbeiner, Ford
Congratulation to Mr. Finkbeiner and Mr. Ford for advancing to the general election, good luck to you both. Now that the primary election is nothing but a fading memory, it is time for this candidate to drift graciously into obscurity.
With the abundance of political pundits and shock-jock-radio-personalities that could easily run the world from their bar-stool, logic would dictate finding a qualified man or woman to run our city would be a cinch.
Unfortunately civilization has digressed to the point that having a caustic and abrasive tongue; being rude, crude and obnoxious of mind and mouth is often confused with being witty, clever and insightful. Civic leaders and role-models embrace their base nature and create strife rather than promote healing.
For obvious reasons I thought it prudent to stay low-key concerning spiritual matters during my campaign, so let me spell it out for my friends in the media. Gentlemen, if you want to come after me bring it on; I’m no frail old woman. But if you come after me you better come after me with a Bible in your hand.
I find it curious as well that men and women who make their living with words, whether the spoken word or in print, are not better at reading between the lines better than they are. Remember when I donned the funny glasses in the last televised mayoral debate and did my little song and dance? Interpret that as my assurance of, and declaration that, judgment is coming. Let’s see who’s laughing then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home